Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry playbook simulator , balckberry 10 dev alpha
My Carrier: Blackberry
Accepted Solution

Google maps in android for bb10

Hi

I have a simple android application: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/android/hello-mapview

I want to run this code on blackberry device/simulator but seems like blackberry does not support Google Maps and keeps giving the error "Fail to Deploy".

I am heavy on the location based elements including maps. Can someone please guide me in the right direction?

Thanks
Neha

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Google maps in android for bb10

There is probably something else going on here. BlackBerry would not directly support Google Maps. It is up to the application to support it. Under native supported environments, Google Maps work fine on BB10.
Developer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha

Your app is dependent upon the com.google.android.maps library which is not part of android, and is not available for bb10

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for reply.

If google.maps library is not part of android how can i show map without using it. because i am getting errors without using it.

Also there are some google map application for blackberry like "Places using Google Maps" how this apps are exactly working on blackberry. 

If there is any other way please guide me.

Thanks

Highlighted
Developer

The Google map apps in BlackBerry are using Google maps directly (via WebWorks or AIR). They are not dependent on device libraries.
New Contributor

But i am specifically looking for android. Actually i am trying to convert apk file to bar but facing problem as Google map and GPS services of android are not supporeted on blackberry.

So please guide me for android.

Developer

You will have to ask on the Android forum. Not familiar enough of Android outside of AIR on Android. I think it was mentioned at one time that the Android runtime would not support maps. Dont know if that has changed for BB10. My guess not.