Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

How do app version update notices get sent?

Once a new version of my app is available and I upload it to BB World Vendor portal, how do I initiate a notification to existing users of the old app? I see these notifications in my Hub for other BB World apps when they have new versions available but I don't see these for my app after uploading a new version. How do I initiate this notification?

Dominique

Developer
My Device: PP
My Carrier: base(kpn)/BE, t-mobile/PL

Re: How do app version update notices get sent?

It always works for me - sometimes you must just wait. I am not sure what is the BBWorld refresh interval.

--
Regards,
Pawel Gorny
my apps: http://pawelgorny.com/
PGpgp, Your Reply, Anagrammatist, Texas Hold'em Odds Calculator, Contacts to CSV
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Can't remember exactly but it's the section called 'Changes in this version' or something like that that gets sent out when you upload your update.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Even if you leave the "changes" field empty, users should still get notified that there is a change. It doesn't happen instantly, however... it can take a day (nominally) or perhaps more (in my experience) before it shows up.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Well, we released a major upgrade and a few people updated but after 3 days there is still no notification!! I am still sitting at the old version hoping a notification will arrive. What's holding this up?