Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

My Device: None
My Carrier: Verizon

How long does the app review take?

I, like many others, want to participate in the free playbook offer for publishing an app by February 13th.  I immediatly began this process last week when the offer was announced and it has taken until today for my appworld account to be activated.

I have now submitted two applications for review.  The information online says that the review process takes 7-10 business days.  If that is true then it was physically impossible for anyone new to participate in this offer since it took 6 days (over a weekend) to get signed up plus 7-10 more days puts it far past February 13th.

Does anyone know if it really takes much less timem to publish an app or how Blackberry plans to hand the additional volume of app submissions for this promotion?

Thanks!

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: How long does the app review take?

Usually with these offers, RIM doesn't require that they give you approval within the timeframe of the offer, but only that you *submit* the app by the deadline.

I'm not involved, but I suggest you go read the terms and conditions again. If it doesn't say that "approval must be provided before the deadline" or something like that, then you don't need to worry.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: How long does the app review take?

No worries, you only need to submit it in order to qualify for the free PlayBook

http://us.blackberry.com/developers/tablet/playbook_offer2012.jsp?CPID=TWDPromotion&Date=020812-1

Does my app need to be submitted or approved by the deadline on Monday, February 13 to receive a free PlayBook? It only needs to be submitted to App World by Feb. 13, and once it is approved you will be eligible for a PlayBook

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry