Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

How long takes "Deny Review"

Hi,

i had a totally scary review with zero stars for my app. This review did not have anything to do with the app itself but gives me and the app a bad reputation so i needed to remove the app from sale until this horroble review is removed. Then I pressed "Deny Review" about 30 houres ago. The Status changed to "Approved 1 Open CR(s)". But i got no mail and nothing happens. I want to put my app up for sale ASAP. How long does it typically take.

Thanks

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: How long takes "Deny Review"

It takes probably 1-3 working days, typically. Be patient.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

peter9477 wrote:
It takes probably 1-3 working days, typically. Be patient.

better give a week or more.  1 - 3 days is not realistic and never was.

Developer

Perhaps smiley has more experience denying reviews than I do.

Let me rephrase: on the basis of my experience with four unrelated denials, it has always taken between 1 and 3 working days (i.e. not counting weekends and holidays) for the denial to be granted.

Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer

Oh nooooo. Thats very long.  I have no problem with other bad review but this on is very special because it involves me into a possible crime. As long as it is visible i can not sale the app. Isnt there any  possibility to contact someone at the team directly?

Developer

georg22, there's a form available on the vendor portal. Used to be available through a link under Help but they've redone things and it's gone. Go directly here: https://www.blackberry.com/profile/?eventId=8109

Developer

Thanks peter for the link. I was searching this form for hours. Thanks a lot.

Developer

peter9477 wrote:
Perhaps smiley has more experience denying reviews than I do.

Let me rephrase: on the basis of my experience with four unrelated denials, it has always taken between 1 and 3 working days (i.e. not counting weekends and holidays) for the denial to be granted.

Hehe... I have no idea how appworld prioritize denies but it just feels like they do it whenever.  There is no urgency from RIM but bad reviews does hurt sales.

Developer

So, finally,  it took two days and now i put the app back to sale. Two days are not  fast but its ok. It would be better to get an email notification when the status changes.

This single horrible scary and false "review" decreased the download numbers to 400 from 1200 the day before. Because only the latest review is visible first and the other 16 good reviews are not. Maybe the app-world-team should improve something.

Developer

I guess you are lucky.  Just think of the delay between weekends or even holiday.  You wont get any feedback for atleast a week.  Deny reviews should be in real time and not have to get RIM approval. After all those are our apps.  It's OK for RIM to approve the app but deny review devs should have control.  I get alot of support reviews and they give 0 or 1 star.  Support reviews should not count as reviews.