Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: Bell

How to change an upgrade release back to free from paid?

I recently pushed through an update release (v1.2) to an existing app and somehow, managed to have the upgrade marked as a paid upgrade. That wasn't the intention - it was supposed to be a free upgrade. And I don't remember actually setting a upgrade price.

Anyway, how do I go about fixing this and converting the upgrade into a free upgrade? I can't seem to find anything in the portal that would let me change the upgrade price.

I even tried to put in a new release (v1.2.1) with a free upgrade, but quickly realized that it will only allow free upgrades from the v1.2 paid upgrade release and not from all existing versions.

I can't even delete the current release and resubmit it.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm starting to get negative reviews because of it....  :^(

Regards,

Wayne

Fisherlea Systems
www.fisherlea.com
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: How to change an upgrade release back to free from paid?

once the release is approved you can't change it. what you need to do is create a new release and this time set it free upgrade. when you do this set the version one higher eg: 1.0.1 set to 1.0.2 so that users whill get 1.0.2 (free upgrade)

Contributor

I think that I tried that.

The paid upgrade version is 1.2.0.

I started submitting a new version as 1.2.1. I checked to be sure that it was a free upgrade and noticed the minimum version to upgrade was set to 1.2.0. I went to change it to 1.0.1 (the first version) but the only option available was 1.2.0. So I quit there.

But, I'll try it again, just in case.

Thanks,

Wayne

Fisherlea Systems
www.fisherlea.com
Contributor

I just tried creating a new release and this is what it shows me. Notice that the min. paid ver. to upgrade is 1.2. It needs to be 1.0.1 for all users to get it. The upgrade price is a select menu, but the min version is just text.

Upgrade Pricing
If you wish to provide alternate pricing for customers that are upgrading from a previous version of your product, enter the details here. A customer of a previous version can upgrade to a newer version for free by default.

UPgrade Price:
     Free     
Min. Paid Ver. to Upgrade :1.2

So, I'm still stuck.

Regards,

Wayne

Fisherlea Systems
www.fisherlea.com