Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook Developer
My Carrier: AT&T

How to quickly revert a name change to the file bundle before everyone deletes my app?

Users of my initial release cannot upgrade since I changed the name of the file bundle between releases by mistake. They see only a "Delete" option in App World when they respond to the update notification. I'm guessing that's bad.

I could change the name back, but the people that downloaded the second release would have to Delete when they get the update notification.

Since I have about 20x more users in the first group, I guess I will make the new ones mad. But I'm not touching anything until I'm sure I don't make things worse.

Time is ticking away since I sent a plea for help to Vendor Support. Meanwhile more and more of them are finally getting around to updating, frowning, and deleting my app forever.

Advice?

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook Developer
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: How to quickly revert a name change to the file bundle before everyone deletes my app?

I am leaving it alone. It is ugly to Delete and Download again, but at least there is an upgrade path.

I am not sure it is the file bundle name change that did it. Would be good to know. I had added the version number to the file bundle name to make life easier for reviewers. Thought it would be repackaged to a canonical name and format by RIM a la Apple.