Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Incredibly Irate 9360 Customers

I am being bombarded with emails and complaints that many 9360 users are unable to download my themes in App World. I have no idea what the problem is. I have several thousand successful downloads from 9360 users, but there have been several irate 9360 users who are unable to find the theme in their list after downloading. There's no rhyme or reason. Not any particular carrier, operating system, etc. Just random people are unable to find the theme in their list after they've downloaded. Anyone have any idea why this is happening? My brand name is taking a major beating with horrible reviews!

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Incredibly Irate 9360 Customers

This is a known problem with appworld when apps disappears after download and then the user can not reinstall because the app does not exist in their Appworld account.  I don't think there is much you can do.

Developer
My Device: Z10

ALT + RST and BB restart
then try again to reinstall
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Developer
My Device: Paper cup

usually works with just the Alt-RST for most of my customers

make an autotext to suggest that and give the link to App World support form if it doesn't work
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I've had a few of these lately too.  Smiley Frustrated