Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: n/a
My Carrier: Koodo

Is RIM dumping Bango and DRI? Sure hope so

I thought I saw something the other week that RIM was replacing Bango and DRI payments? I sure hope this is true I absolutely despise those 2 services.

Firstly, I firmly believe that I am getting screwed out of money because my payments are a fraction of my sales over the past year. To solve this I tried to view my payments and downloads on both Bango and DRI.

After a lot of back and forth, Bango finally stated that as a Blackberry Developer, I cannot have a normal Bango account (ie view my sales) WTH is this?

Secondly, DRI app world was much more friendly in their dealings with me and gave me access to an account quite quickly. However when I finally logged into it, low and behold I can't view my sales because their data isn't compatible with Microsoft Excel (really?) unless I download a macro. I can't install the macro because I'm on a trial version of Excel.

Soooo...can't reconcile my sales, I can only see that I've received what feels like 30% of my total sales. Its a huge pissoff and its the final nail in the coffin for my interest in programming for Blackberry. I'm moving on to Android and iPhone and hope I have better luck there.

Used to love RIM and all of its products but after becoming a developer I can really see why it has fallen so far.

Good luck guys, sorry for the rant, needed to get it out of me.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Is RIM dumping Bango and DRI? Sure hope so

Rim is surely dumping Digital River and will handle all the paypal and credit card payments itself. Bango will continue to be used for carrier billing.

On the other hand, I don't think Bango or Digital River would be duping you. There are some people here (like QuiteSimple and Sblantipodi on these forums) who do extensive analysis of their sales and have often said that their revenue matches the sales.

I suggest you get the free distimo account - http://monitor.distimo.com - to calculate the exact sales of your apps and then match them with your payments.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: n/a
My Carrier: Koodo

Re: Is RIM dumping Bango and DRI? Sure hope so

Hey thanks for that, I'll try it out. Good to hear at least one of them is being dropped.