03-17-2010 08:37 AM
How many & which languages are supported by RIM?
1) If I send an email to other user in some language, then
* wil the user be able to see the contents of email properly?
2) If I just have text for various languages in my app (using rcc files), I don't know the device supports that language or not, and my app creates a text and want to display the text. Will the text be displayed properly, or my device needs to support that language?
Couldn't find answers for languages anywhere on net. Any earliest help is highly appreciative.
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-17-2010 03:59 PM
1) It all depends on the character sets they have installed on their device. For example, if the user only has the standard US English locale available, they won't be able to render accented characters on their end. The characters themselves do not change during transfer, but the end-user's ability to render those characters may not be the same as yours.
2) Images won't be affected, but any standard text will follow the above description.