Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: -

Re: Last Chance Port-a-Thon Device Draw

The eligibility email for blog bounty arrived a couple of days (or maybe a week) after it was over, if I recall correctly.

But if you weren't in the first 5000 apps, they may not pay out. It was a bit different than other portathons, as this time they stuck to the bounty. Unless they changed their minds, but Blackberry has been kinda silent after Blog Bounty ended.

New Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C (Developer)

[ Edited ]

Hmm, I should check then. I submitted my apps before they hit 5000 (though it was pretty close), so I'm pretty sure I should have gotten one. I'll send them an email and ask as well.

EDIT: It appears the app generator didn't actually send them to the vendor portal until several days after I submitted them (March 18/19 instead of March 13). I sent an email to BlackBerryDeveloperProgram@rim.com asking if they'll still qualify.

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Got the Email 

3/19/13

BlackBerry 10 Blog Bounty Eligibility‏

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: -

Techwolf wrote:

Hmm, I should check then. I submitted my apps before they hit 5000 (though it was pretty close), so I'm pretty sure I should have gotten one. I'll send them an email and ask as well.

EDIT: It appears the app generator didn't actually send them to the vendor portal until several days after I submitted them (March 18/19 instead of March 13). I sent an email to BlackBerryDeveloperProgram@rim.com asking if they'll still qualify.

If I remember right, I think that's how it normally works? I seem to recall that first it shows up as being 'in review' or whatever term they use, in your app generator portal, and then a couple of days later it shows up in your vendor portal. I just assumed that's how it worked for everyone.

New Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C (Developer)

Yes, it usually does that. Normally it takes a few hours to a day or so instead of 5 days though, and I don't have the eligibility email, so I'm not sure how the event counted them.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook with OS 2.0
My Carrier: N/A

Seems like everyone has got rewards for different events... As for me, I have received the $100s for the Android port-a-thon but not for the Last Chance (I only participated for those two). They paid (for the Android one) around March 17-18.

It would be great if a BlackBerry guy/girl could post here some info on the device draws and port-a-thon rewards.

My BlackBerry 10 apps: Roshnal Lihinikadu
Lots more coming up!
Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Rogers

The drawing has been done. I just received this email about 30 minutes ago.

---

Hello!

The draw for the Last Chance Port-A-Thon event has taken place and you have won a BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha B. 

[...]

---

The email should be coming from BlackBerryDeveloperProgram@blackberry.com.

This is great because I have know some friends who are developers who could use this device. 

Thanks BlackBerry! 

New Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha B, C and Playbook
My Carrier: PLAY

[ Edited ]

Hello!
The draw for the Last Chance Port-A-Thon event has taken place and you have won a BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha B.

Devices are distributed by Touchstone. You will receive an email to confirm shipping information from BlackBerryPlayBookOffer@tmgideas.com. After confirming your shipping details the device(s) will be shipped as quickly as possible; please allow up to 4 weeks for delivery. Please note that BlackBerry pays all shipping costs and duties. If you are required to pay these fees, please contact BlackBerryPlayBookOffer@tmgideas.com with the details and you will be reimbursed.

So, after i'll receive dev alpha B, can i trade it up for Z10 LE? This is my first Dev Alpha

New Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I also got this same email saying I won a dev alpha b.... but I'm also wondering if I am able to trade up to the Z10 LE.

I also got an email saying that 4 of my apps were approved for the blog bounty.

Hoping to see some money or phone soon?
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook with OS 2.0
My Carrier: N/A

Oh well, looks like I haven't won it Smiley Happy

And yeah I think you can still trade it up for the Z10 LE. Not sure though...

I'm still waiting for my Dev Alpha C. Heard that it has been shipped for Canada, but still not for APAC. Anyone got any info on this?

My BlackBerry 10 apps: Roshnal Lihinikadu
Lots more coming up!