Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry
My Carrier: Verizon

Looking for help from a developer(Opportunity)

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I am recruiting a developer to help me out in return for having his or her app be a part of (several) deals that will be offered online through a new third party BlackBerry app store. The website will be selling BlackBerry apps for discount prices. Besides that you will also be receiving 30% of the profit from the first major deal, next to the profit made on your own app that will be part of that particular deal.(PM for further details)

This is not a freelance project where I’m looking to hire anyone to help build an app, or do anything app-related, I’m looking to create a license distribution system, all I need is your help to help me build one, in return you can become part of the website’s online deal(s), make profit on your own application being sold through this platform and make money for helping out.

Having PHP skills is definitely an advantage(not a requirement), if you still think you can add value to the website and have know hows/ideas on licensing and BlackBerry license gateways, but don’t know much about PHP, you can still be a great help to the website and get featured on the website, just PM me.

Besides becoming part of the online deals and having a step ahead of other developers since you will have helped making the first deal happen, you will have your app distributed to an audience of over 10.000 people.(BlackBerry users).

If you think you can be of meaning and you see the opportunity in getting your app distributed through a new third party system that has the internet buzzing right now, just hit me with a PM, I will tell you more about it and we can see what we can mean to each other!

Summary:

What do I ask from you? Getting your help on creating a license distribution system that is convenient, if you are a developer that has knowhows on licensing methods/distribution methods and the knowhows around it, you are valuable. In return you will get the following benefits:

• You will have your app distributed to over 10.000 BlackBerry users
  • You will be part of a deal that will sell your application, which will have you make money through this new system.
  • You will make an additional 30% of the profits on the first major deal that will be offered.(after negotiation) This is a deal that will be aimed at a large crowd.
  • You will have a step ahead on other developers and have a steady position to have your app be featured on more deals.

Note: This is a start-up that has been in the making for some time now, this is not a concept or a draft idea, it is a platform in the making with several partners already being a part of the first online deal that will be taking place.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: Looking for help from a developer(Opportunity)

BB10 and PlayBook apps will only be able to be sold via App World. RIM has said that their will not be 3rd parth app stores. Has that changed and how do side load an app from an app on the device?
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi JTegen, I'm aware of that. The website does not apply to BB10 and/or Playbook.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Ah. That helps.
Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Take a look at

http://www.licmax.com/

It may suit your needs.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi QuiteSimple,

Thanks for your reply, I know about them but they seem outdated, do you still use their system? Also, do you know of any alternatives besides licmax? I'd rather work together with a developer and offer benefits than handing it out to a third party which would cost way more money.

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

I never used them, but few devs have mentioned them here on the forums. In fact I don't use any licensing mechanism, because I'm an avid supporter of "Buy or Die" model, so I don't use trials etc.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry