Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: -

Low sales in Saudi Arabia

Hello all,

I have found a strange issue in my downloads / sales numbers on BB10. I offer my app as a free lite version which includes ads for the pro version.

The lite version has by far the most users in Saudi Arabia (about 25,000), the second most downloads are about 5,000 in Germany, in third place is Indonesia (about 4,500).

Looking at the pro version, there are completely different numbers. The country with the most purchases is Germany (about 100), followed by Indonesia (about 80). However, there are only 8 purchases from Saudi Arabia.

Has anyone experienced the same issue or can explain it? Maybe paid apps are not distributed in Saudi Arabia? Or is there any other reason?

Thank you very much in advance for your response!

Best regards

John

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Low sales in Saudi Arabia

Some cultures like free apps, where others do not mind paying for it would be the only guess. The larger question would be of the free version, how many are using it still. Simple test is to upgrade and see the download number. That is more of an indication of who still has it on their device and is willing to upgrade.
Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Another point to consider is the Payment method. If there is no carrier billing for a given country, you'll see a lot less sales, as the other two options (PayPal and Credit Card) are not so convenient, not to mention that some countries have restricted access to both PayPal and some types of credit cards.

For example the sales boom in Indonesia came after BBWorld introduced the carrier billing there.

Maybe you can consider releasing free version with ads so you can have additional source of income.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: -

Thank you jtegen and QuiteSimple for your replies.

This could indeed be the reason for this issue.

Best regards

John