Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: bb10 developer
My Carrier: Orange

Making apps free for testers?

Is there any way to reward people who have volunteered to test applications through appworld?

In the vendor account area, users can be added to the 'sandbox' area, and they can download an app for free. However there is a 10-user limit for this. If we need to remove beta-testers to make way for new people, are those 'removed' beta testers still entitled to the app (i.e. without having to pay)?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Making apps free for testers?

Once someone is removed from the sandbox, it means only that they will not be able to download the app again without paying. If they leave the app installed it will be unaffected by the change, but any download, either to reinstall, update, or install on a new device even with the same BBID, would be as though they'd never been in the sandbox.

I believe RIM has plans for improvements in this whole area but I don't think we'll learn more until some time after launch. It's also an area in which we've been begging for changes for a long time with minimal progress. We can only hope with BB10 out the door, and the BlackBerry World updates in place, they'll finally be able to move much faster on this stuff.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: bb10 developer
My Carrier: Orange

thanks!
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: airtel

this is a good idea!
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: airtel

Good Post Smiley Happy
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Dev C
My Carrier: Rogers

can someone leave a review as well if there testing or a website reviewer
BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality