Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Malicious reviews...

[ Edited ]

Wow, great thread, almost as gripping as reading "The cuckoo's nest" by Clifford Stoll. As a side note, if you are a developer and you even remotely enjoy a great spy story, you should read Stoll's account of cracking an international hacking group. It starts with someone noticing a tiny discrepancy between two different timeshareing usage logs in a Unix installation and balloons to Interpol involvement. Reads like an exciting novel, but it is all real.

BBSJdev wrote:

On bad practice developers, just don't stoop to their level and hope karma gets them in the end.

Take a look at this one for how it can get really bad and how BlackBerry do actually step in on occasion...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-World-Development/Unfair-and-Unhealthy-Competition...

[Edit] ... and pray it never happens to you!

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.  multiFEED Icon

Play nice: Clicking Like Button on posts that helped you not only encourages others to continue sharing their experience, but also improves your own rating on this board. Also, don't forget to accept a post if it solves your problem or answers your question.
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

One of my favourite books when I was at Uni.
I was one of those who got heavily in to hacking right up until I got caught, along with a friend, when we were unlucky enough to hack into a system that already had a line trace set up to catch another hacker.

Long time ago now though.
Luckily we managed to convince the University and the other party that we weren't the droids they were looking for and only got a six month Computer Lab ban.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer

@BBSJdev... Wow, talk about a paradigm shift. I see you in a completely different light now.

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.  multiFEED Icon

Play nice: Clicking Like Button on posts that helped you not only encourages others to continue sharing their experience, but also improves your own rating on this board. Also, don't forget to accept a post if it solves your problem or answers your question.
Developer

[ Edited ]

LOL. You don't want to know the image I have of you. Smiley Wink

It's hard to judge a personality based on thread posts.

Mind you it's nothing compared to the one I have of @slashkyle for some reason whenever I read his posts an image of a precocious teenager running around manically, smiling and laughing comes up. Is this accurate slash? Smiley Tongue

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer

I get a lot of these strange coincidences where I talk about something I wouldn't normally encounter, such as a movie that hasn't been broadcast for years, then a day or so later it shows up. I thought this was a bit freaky given the link you posted, since I had never heard of DrunkEddyLabs or Motion Avatar Pro before reading that thread:

http://crackberry.com/free-drunkeddylabs-apps

BBSJdev wrote:

On bad practice developers, just don't stoop to their level and hope karma gets them in the end.

Take a look at this one for how it can get really bad and how BlackBerry do actually step in on occasion...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-World-Development/Unfair-and-Unhealthy-Competition...

Developer

I should never have revealed I'm an old fart.

BBSJdev wrote:

LOL. You don't want to know the image I have of you. Smiley Wink

It's hard to judge a personality based on thread posts.

Mind you it's nothing compared to the one I have of @slashkyle for some reason whenever I read his posts an image of a precocious teenager running around manically, smiling and laughing comes up. Is this accurate slash? Smiley Tongue

Developer

[ Edited ]

I tried to edit this post of mine, but I think the forum prevents editing after a certain time period, so I wasn't able to. For anyone interested in reading the book I promoted, I just realized that my memory failed me, and it is not called "The Cuckoo's Nest", but rather "The Cuckoo's Egg." I'm surprised you didn't catch it Stephen. Smiley Wink

Sorry about that.

greenmr wrote:

Wow, great thread, almost as gripping as reading "The cuckoo's nest" by Clifford Stoll. As a side note, if you are a developer and you even remotely enjoy a great spy story, you should read Stoll's account of cracking an international hacking group. It starts with someone noticing a tiny discrepancy between two different timeshareing usage logs in a Unix installation and balloons to Interpol involvement. Reads like an exciting novel, but it is all real.

BBSJdev wrote:

Developer

I didn't like to mention that the old fart was also suffering from memory loss as well. ;-)

Developer

Hey... I resemble that remark!

BBSJdev wrote:
I didn't like to mention that the old fart was also suffering from memory loss as well. ;-)

Developer

Ok I definitely won't mention the use of 'resemble' instead of 'resent' then. LOL.