06-02-2009 10:33 AM - edited 06-02-2009 10:10 PM
I am new to this development platform. We have a need to create for our sales force a call report form on their Black Berries. This will enable the sales force to submit their Sales call details to our server. I know we have to create the form in Visual Studio. We have VS 2008
Here are my requirements from the configuration side
1. What do I need to have on the VS Side?
2. What do I need to configure on the BB Enterprise server side?
3. What do I need to do if we want to use the push services?
4. Can we develop the application with C# ?
Here are my requirements from the development side
1. The form will have a drop down control for customers. This drop down need to be preloaded for the customer specific to the sales person not all the customers. In other words my BB should show only my customer list not customers belonging to other sales personal. How do I do this?
2. What is the best method to retrieve data from the source? Data source or web services ?
3. If the phone is out of signal range. How do I programmatically queue the form submission and send them when there signal strength is good.
4. The form is designed with header and details. The header has the date, customer and sales person name etc. The detail form will have the call details. When the user navigates from form to form, how do I retain the header details until the form is submitted? Do we have to cache the form until the data is submitted? If so how do I do this?
Appreciate any help