Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Multiple dynamic license web request coming in ...

Hi all,

For the past couple of days I've been getting a number of multiple requests coming from App World for dynamic licence keys with the same details (name, pin, etc) space sometimes hours apart, sometimes minutes, and some in where the original request was some days/weeks ago.

It applies to different people/pins and sometimes there'll be two requests, sometimes three and most so far is about 8 for the same thing!

As I log into a database for stats purposes this is screwing up those stats something rotten as it appears I'm selling more than I actually am with these duplicates.

Is anyone else experiencing this? And anyone at RIM, is this a known issue that's being worked on?

Thanks,

Derek

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Multiple dynamic license web request coming in ...

Yes, I am seeing the same thing. Sometimes the duplicate requests are one after the other, sometimes they are hours apart.

I also just helped a paying customer who had received the wrong license key from App World.

Regular Contributor

Can anyone at RIM confirm this is an issue that's being addressed and possible resoultion timeframe? Is it related to the reporting changes perhaps?

Thanks,

Derek

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Torch 9800, Storm 9530, Tour 9630
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

I've noticed this too over the last day or so. Most often it's multiple requests of the same transaction (easy enough to strip out with our report parser) but yesterday it was the same PIN used with multiple transactions. Multiple transactions implies to me that the customer was charged multiple times (in this case 5 times) for the same app. Yikes.

I wonder what's going on...

Edit: the latest one this morning had an ASTOUNDING 201 (yes, that's TWO HUNDRED AND ONE!) license requests for the same transactionID and PIN!

Oh, and it looks like something else is going on with the PIN: it occasionally is sent in some format OTHER THAN Hex...

PlayBook Apps: Sudoku Pro
Smartphone Apps: Compass | MultiClock
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Ditto.

Developer
My Device: 9800, 9630
My Carrier: Rogers

Same for us. Our license issuing code is also rejecting many of these transactions because of a malformed PIN. The code normally handles both dec and hex pins so I'm not sure what the problem is..

Some transactions are still coming through fine in the meantime.

Jason

Regular Contributor

Yes same for me too again ..

Developer
My Device: 8320, 9500, 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

and here...  what a mess.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Torch 9800, Storm 9530, Tour 9630
My Carrier: Telus

Maybe there's a bright side: If it turns out that we are actually being paid for each server hit, the issue will disappear in short order. Here's hoping Smiley Very Happy

PlayBook Apps: Sudoku Pro
Smartphone Apps: Compass | MultiClock
Developer
My Device: 9630, 9700, 9800
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

I'm seeing multiple key requests too, but they are always for clients that have previously puchased (like months ago).

This is the way it used to work when someone changed devices, up until the beginning of Dec 2010.  Then we had the zero transaction ID debacle, and then it was quiet, no key updates at all, and all customers who changed devices reported they couldn't get an updated key (so I generated one for them).

I tested with an app of my own that I purchased (so I could test these things): when I requested a "referesh list" a key request was made against my server for my puchased app, but not any of my own "trial" apps.

Edit: the number of duplicate requests is out of line with previous behaviour, but the one consistent thing seems to be that the duplicate requests are coming in with the PIN in base 10.  Bona fide sales seem to be coming in with the PIN in hex.