Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: None yet

Must have fixes for App World

I know we've already blown through this on a half dozen other threads, but we don't seem to be getting a whole lot of attention, other than the screenshot thread where someone showed up right quick, promised it was fixed, and it hasn't been.  So, I wanted to bring some things up to light.

Aside from the screenshot problem, here are some things that I think absolutely must be addressed in the App World app -- assuming that the App World app can be updated without issuing an update to the entire system, it would probably only take a few minutes to fix these problems, and some of them might even be server side, so no user end fix required.  

I was inspired to write while thinking of someone's post from some time ago ... "At the end of the day, developers pay the app store 30% of their profits to throw their product into an alleyway full of graffiti.  It’s sad that for this price, it takes a week to paint over a vulgar comment and is impossible to address the untrue and misleading ones.  "

• Turn on spell checking and auto-capitalization on the App World review inputs.  The PlayBook keyboard is difficult enough to use with the spell correction and auto-cap features.  
  • Allow users to change their review
  • Allow users to enter a new review for new versions
  • Disallow someone from entering a new review from the same BB account using a new device

Once that's done, I'd like a way to respond to reviewers, without having to call them out on my app blog.  But let's get the most serious issues fixed, first.