Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

My app is actually 2 apps... what to do?

I have an app which consist of a frontend and a backend application. How do i package that? do i just zip the 2 libraries?

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: My app is actually 2 apps... what to do?

So you basically have GUI part and system module and both are separate apps? Can''t you make a single app using alternate starting point?

If this is not the case could you explain in more details what each of the app is doing?

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

My app is an A-GPS sender. My GUI app is configuraiton of the Sender app, so you are right about the "architechture".

My Sender app needs to run all the time regardless of the GUI module.

Problem with your approach with an alternate entry point is that whenever the user closes the configuration module, booom goes my alternate entry point as well. Unfortunately.... as this was my first approach too.

Im on Webworks (not sure wheether java entry points act the same way)

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Oh, I had no idea that it is a Webwork app. Java apps run just fine with alternate point - system module is running all the time in background.

So you can just submit both .cod files at once (that is the smartphone release), when you are at the step uploading cod, just upload both of them, App World will serve both to the end user.

Actually you will release the app for smartphone only, right? Afaik Playbook does not have GPS

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Regular Contributor

Thx for the additional info on Playbook... Hadnt come around to that one yet. The good thing about Webworks is that it is almost 1/1 portable to playbook which means that the assisted GPS migth work....We will see :-)