10-02-2009 10:43 AM
I was just hoping to get some advice on submitting a new app that I am having built right now by a developer. The app is for entertainment purpose only (not a game) and has 0 business purpose. My question are:
1. How does RIM view non-business related apps, such as a picture viewer?
2. How long does the application process typically take? - I have read posts that indicate anywhere from 2 days to 2 months, what's the latest?
3. Have you had trouble submitting a personal entertainment (non-game) application? I want to hear your story.
Sorry not to be specific about the app but I don't want to give away the idea. ;-)
10-02-2009 02:37 PM
1) The apps I've submitted are not intended to be business oriented: no problem with that.
2) Both my apps took ten business days to be approved (both submissions in Sep 2009)
3) No problem whatsoever - indeed the AppWorld support team helped me straighten out a problem:
it took a couple working days but I was very pleased with the solution considering I was the one who goofed.