Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Need advice on submitting a new app

I was just hoping to get some advice on submitting a new app that I am having built right now by a developer. The app is for entertainment purpose only (not a game) and has 0 business purpose. My question are:

1. How does RIM view non-business related apps, such as a picture viewer?

2. How long does the application process typically take? - I have read posts that indicate anywhere from 2 days to 2 months, what's the latest?

3. Have you had trouble submitting a personal entertainment (non-game) application? I want to hear your story.

Sorry not to be specific about the app but I don't want to give away the idea. ;-)

My Device: 9630, 9700, 9800
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Need advice on submitting a new app

1) The apps I've submitted are not intended to be business oriented: no problem with that.

2) Both my apps took ten business days to be approved (both submissions in Sep 2009)

3) No problem whatsoever - indeed the AppWorld support team helped me straighten out a problem:

it took a couple working days but I was very pleased with the solution considering I was the one who goofed.