Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: 9500/9520/9800/9810
My Carrier: TMobile

Need to get in contact with all my AppWorld customers - How to?

actually I wonder, how I could get the contact information (at least PayPal eMail address) for my customers???

The AppWorld Vendor Portal report does not contain any information like that - and DigitalRiver monthly reports only provide a CustomerID. Where & how I could get some more detailed customer information [contact information].

Why I need this?

Actually I have updated my license model from static to pool and with that all my previous AppWorld customers would need to be provided with a SerialNumber. Actually I was told, that this (existing customers will receive a serial number) should automatically happens in AppWorld when a customer is upadting the application to the new version. Unfortunatly this does not happen at all.

Actually I thought my customers would get sufficent help, when they are contacting RIM's Support (since there is a own section: 'BlackBerry App World™ Licensing Issue') - but the feedback I got from my customers who tried this so far is really disillusioning.

So the only solution for me is, that I would contact proactive all my AppWorld customers and send them a serail myself. Therefore there is the need to get my hands to the contact information of my costomers - this data is for sure present in the digital river database.

If anybody have experience how to receive that data - it would highly appriciated to get this information.

Kind Regards

Matthias

[FileScout] | [iMazing] | [GPSLogger II] | [Iconify] | [TOMPlayer]
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Blackberry 8320
My Carrier: TMO

Re: Need to get in contact with all my AppWorld customers - How to?

Another good reason to use dynamic licensing. You get the customer email as part of the license negotiation process. I am not aware of any source for contact information outside of the dynamic licensing process. Try asking App World vendor support, although I would guess that privacy policy prevents them from disseminating that information.