Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: None

New App still Pending Review after 5 weeks?

Hi I uploaded an app to the vendor portal back in January and it's still pending review almost 5 weeks later.

This is my first Blackberry app so I wondered, is this normal for it to take so long?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: New App still Pending Review after 5 weeks?

I've had an app that took just as long! I think they're just busy with the amount of apps becuae of the recently launched BB10. =P

Developer
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

In normal conditions, it should only take a couple of days to get your app accepted.
But due to the Port-A-Thons held in the months November-December-January a lot of new apps have been submitted. And all these apps have to be reviewed by the BlackBerry World team, so this can take some time.

I guess that if it is your first application it can take a little longer, because the application itself has to be reviewed too (and not only the release).

I have several apps in BlackBerry World, and I see that my application approval times are a little shorter than other (newer) developers on this forum. I don't know what the reason is for this, but I guess it is because only the releases have to be reviewed, because my applications are already accepted.

With that I want to say that once your apps got accepted, in most cases the waiting times are shorter. And if the queue of the Port-A-Thon apps is handled, the review times will go back to a couple of days, instead of a couple of weeks.

PS: Pending Review for 5 weeks is not abnormal these days

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Hi,

Could you please send me the app name, app ID and vendor name or ID so I can investigate.

Thanks,

Satya

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10 Alpha Device
My Carrier: ATT

[ Edited ]

Hi Satya, 

Can you please investigte mine as well?

I submitted mine Feb 11th and it is now been 3 weeks.

App name: <removed>

App ID: <removed>

Vendor name: <removed>

EDIT: Personal Information such as account info. is prohibited for your security. Please review User Guidelines  under section "Be careful."