Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9790, Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Not able to sign edited & signed APK to .bar....

Hello Guys,

I have converted & signed one app to .bar from APK. & submitted to appworld for review, i got reply from them, says that some changes needs to be done before submitting to appworld. so i edited the apk file of the same app, & signed apk, but this time when i try to convert & sign to .bar, its saying that the file alreadt signed, is there any way as a go around, like any way to delete cache or anything like that??Or any other way to sign & convert to .bar??? Or any way to straightaway edit .bar files without doing with apks...

Thanks,

Emmanual.Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Not able to sign edited & signed APK to .bar....

no you cant edit the bar files it will corrupt the signing. 

I am not sure what you did becaues its not clear what you edited (the apk?). 

what tool are you using to sign the app?

Are you sure the apk is working after the change (try on an andrido device)

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9790, Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Not able to sign edited & signed APK to .bar....

Thank you for your reply..

Am using graphical aid to sign bar, & i just extracted the apk file & edited the images, & ddnt make any changes to the xml files, but the message am getting when i try to sign bar says, this file already signed, actually that's true, co, as i mentioned above i have already signed the same flie & now am editing the apk of the same file & trying to sign bar again. Its not allowing me to sign bar as its already signed once, so looking for a wayout from the same..