Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Not for sale app still being downloaded

Hello, 

I was wondering if this has been happening to anyone else or if any BlackBerry aka RIM Smiley Happy staff can help out...

Basically, I had one app called WordsPlus set to free. I create a new product inorder to sell it, called WordsPlus as well set to paid. But I removed from sale the free version and changed it's name to "WordsPlus: Free" (to be used later)

When I get a download report, even up to today it shows "WordsPlus: Free" being downloaded - eventhough I remove it from sale last week (week of Jan 21st!!!).

In BlackBerry World, online and the dev alpha, I can only find the paid version...what's going on?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jason

Jason I. Carter
Follow me @jasonicarter
Built For BlackBerry - WordsPlus & WordsPlus: Free Edition | word search has never had it so good
www.twocasualcoders.com | never casual on quality
Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: Not for sale app still being downloaded

Welcome to the World of BlackBerry World!

We have this issue for years... it's just people with deep-link still can download your app although it is not up for sale. If you want to remove it for real, edit the supported device, remove the All-touch and add PlayBook instead. Combination of QNX10 and PlayBook is impossible, so no device will ever be able to download your app again.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Dev C

So your say RIM know about this and hasn't changed it yet and how is this deep-link done
BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10

LOL...So that's the trick!

Thank you so much, someone just downloaded the free version again 2 mins ago Robot Indifferent The explanation makes perfect since, hopefully this will end things once and for all.

Thanks for the quick response.

Jason

Jason I. Carter
Follow me @jasonicarter
Built For BlackBerry - WordsPlus & WordsPlus: Free Edition | word search has never had it so good
www.twocasualcoders.com | never casual on quality