Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 3 Italia

Paid reviews

If you google Skylab Mobilesystems Ltd., you will see that many people feel scammed by this developer.

But, if you read reviews on bb world, you see that usually there are two 5 stars reviews and many 1-2 stars review.

Look at this useless app: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/20079583/

It just does averaging of the gps position, it's not "booster" at all, every user will leave a bad review even if it's free, for $5 it's GUARANTEED that an user will leave a 1-star review!

But what? "_Anonymous_" and "BlackBerry 10 User" bought that app and left 5 stars.

And since apparently those two are billionairs, they also bought ALL the skylab apps!

Who is going to pay hundreds of dollars for useless and similar apps?

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Paid reviews

I am still trying to figure out if they are in business to scam people, or just make a lot of money on crappy apps. They do have a system down. They are very good at removing poor reviews.
Developer
My Device: Z10, Q10, 9900, 9790, PlayBook,
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK, Three, O2, Orange, Sunrise, Swisscom

Every store has that problem and it's impossible to fix using robots.
There is not much BB can do short of having a team working specifically on that, but they're spread so thin right now though, that it wouldn't be advisable to assign any resource to fight that problem.

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Magnetic_dud wrote:  "_Anonymous_" and "BlackBerry 10 User" bought that app and left 5 stars.

And since apparently those two are billionairs, they also bought ALL the skylab apps!

Who is going to pay hundreds of dollars for useless and similar apps?

Since its just two reviews, I would say its not Paid Reviews but "Self Reviews".

<sarcasm>

And regarding the denying of reviews - The ability to deny reviews is the most cherished thing by us BB devs (something no other platform allows), and we defend it our birth right. Who are you to question that? Smiley Mad

</sarcasm>