Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Pirated app on BB World?

[ Edited ]

Where would one report a possible pirated app on BB World? The one in question appears to be a blatant repackaging of Candy Crush Saga, which has not officially come to BB10. It has eleven 5-star reviews, all of which suspiciously use the exact same broken English grammar.

To add insult to injury if this is indeed a pirated app, it has a cost of $0.99 and is on the current BB World highest-grossing list.

I don't see how a pirated app could have been accepted to BB World, but there is something very fishy about this one.

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.  multiFEED Icon

Play nice: Clicking Like Button on posts that helped you not only encourages others to continue sharing their experience, but also improves your own rating on this board. Also, don't forget to accept a post if it solves your problem or answers your question.
Developer
My Device: Play book
My Carrier: aircel

Re: Pirated app on BB World?

there is candy crush saga help but no game in the name of Candy Crush Saga
Solutions: 6,417
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

ravikiranbhatn wrote:
there is candy crush saga help but no game in the name of Candy Crush Saga

Yes, there is. What   reports is true.

, I would recommend you report the app to one of the developer advisors in this developer section of the forum.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer

@JSanders... ah, so it's not just me. I purposely didn't name the app in case I was wrong. I dropped a private message to one of the dev advisors that has posted in this forum.

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.  multiFEED Icon

Play nice: Clicking Like Button on posts that helped you not only encourages others to continue sharing their experience, but also improves your own rating on this board. Also, don't forget to accept a post if it solves your problem or answers your question.
Highlighted
Developer

BlackBerry seems to have pulled the offending app so I guess I was right.