Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: PlayBook Try&Buy No Longer upload in App World

I've request the license change and it's done. It's "static" now, and I can't still upload new releases to my app. Same response:

"Platform selected for File Bundle(s) do not support Try & Buy license type"

So... what now?

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Mine was changed from "try and buy" to "paid". I think they may have changed the wrong thing??
Developer

How did you manage to they made that change?

I have no option to change license type.

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords
Developer

I had to ask RIM to do it. The vendor portal does not allow you to change the type anymore.
Developer

That would be perfect.

How did you that? Who or how did you ask to?

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

While this may allow us to update our apps for existing users, it is by no means a good solution IMHO.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Developer

Help desk ticket might be the easiest. Mine was in conjunction with a current help desk issue in dealing with in-app purchases that this whole thing got sucked into.
Developer

@innivatology. 100% agree, but we needed to get our update out and could not wait the 2+ weeks it is taking RIM to respond to this mess. Still dont see how an in-app purchase "upgrade" from a trial version is going to help current users since their purchase has not an in-app purchase to begin with. Probably going to have to have two apps with different IDs (trial and full) would be the best work around at this point. And have the trial continue to work with restricted features and lots of nagging.
Developer

@itegen,

Thank you man! I have opened a support ticket, hope it can be solved Smiley Happy

Developer

@jtegen,

How long did it take them to change your license type?