Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Playbook App signing not working

Hi,

I submitted my application about 2 and a half weeks ago, shortly afterwards submitted version 1.1 following the Adobe builder 4.5 instructions.  Today I have received a denial of my app because of lack of signing for both version 1.0 and 1.1.  The latter should be signed.  I'm going to try and go through the process from the beginning again (the form submission, etc) though I fear the worst. 

Could someone let me know what I actually did wrong, or what was missing from the bar file?

Thanks,

---------
Developing Tony Stark's JARVIS System which we call the CYMAN System on the mac ... an app for it coming soon on the BlackBerry Playbook too!

If I've been able to help in any way, credit your friendly neighborhood developer $0.02 worth of kudos!
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook | DevAlpha
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Playbook App signing not working

same here, got the denial email. I examined my bar file and it is indeed signed. Moreover, there do exist such five meta files (RDK.SF, RDK.EC, MANIFEST.MF, AURTHOR.SF, AUTHOR.EC). I get confused.

PlayBook App Manager
Developer

I've tried again and submitted, it would be n nice if we were given more detail as to the reason for denial in situations like this.

Hope I'm still eligible for the playbook offer
---------
Developing Tony Stark's JARVIS System which we call the CYMAN System on the mac ... an app for it coming soon on the BlackBerry Playbook too!

If I've been able to help in any way, credit your friendly neighborhood developer $0.02 worth of kudos!
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook | DevAlpha
My Carrier: N/A

no, i don't think re-submit it will still be eligible according to what the offer says.

by the way, the timing of denial is interesting, right before the launch date.

PlayBook App Manager
Developer

From what I hear from other developers in the forums it appears that you can still be eligible for the offer as long as the first submission was by the end of 31st March EST.  There have been a few examples... I just hope that still holds.

I agree... a few hours before the launch date is the first feedback since submission a lot of us have had including myself.

---------

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: RIM

All,

If you can provide the application names I'll be able to determine the status of your applications.

Yes, the Free PlayBook offer only requires you submit before March 31 at midnight.  You will receive a follow-up email regarding the PlayBook offer once your application is Approved, regardless of when it is Approved.

Developer

Thank you for the clarification, my application is called Python Player. Would appreciate the info!
---------

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: RIM

Hi ugoano,

I've found it and confirmed the new Release you submitted was properly signed this time.  It's been Approved.

Developer

Thank you very much for taking a look at my issue, I've seen the confirmation emails now :-)

Does the Playbook offer mail come a little later?

---------

Developer

FYI for others experiencing this problem.

I signed with an older SDK 0.9.1 which was rejected.

I then used the command line instructions provided by BlackBerry to sign using the updated sdk (1.0.2 I believe) and that was accepted.

---------