Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: -

Portathon questions

I have a couple of questions about the last two portathons that were just run.

On the first one, I have yet to receive any rewards. I did get the standard mass emails stating what rewards I am eligble for, but that was several weeks ago. I have read that many have received rewards/followup emails already.

I am wondering if the delay is due to the fact that several of my apps were denied, and then I resubmitted ... and they were then approved. The system automatically knows that I did resubmit my apps and got approval, right? Or do I need to contact anyone? The final date given was Dec. 23rd, if I recall right -- I just want to check and make sure I'm not supposed to do anything else on my end.

For the second portathon I am getting some apps denied. One reason is that they are showing up scaled small on the Alpha device, for some unknown reason. Second is because I also listed them for the Playbook. I could have sworn we were told to list the OS as BB10, even if for the PB too, but apparently that was wrong advice -- getting denial messages that since the PB can't run BB10 yet, and that I should either remove that device, or change the min. OS.

So my question is ... if I resubmit and remove the Playbook Release, are the apps still eligible for the second portathon? I assume so, so long as I make sure the All touch version is set for release, and it's also set for BB10, but I want to just check here first. And is it possible somehow for me to remove the Playbook release from my portathon submissions that are currently waiting in queue to be reviewed for acceptance?  Or I assume I will have to wait for all of them to be denied, then resubmit again with the Playbook release removed?

Also no idea why my apps are showing up scaled small on the Dev Alpha (which I don't own, so can't test on)... only difference between this portathon and first one was that I used Webworks this time, and PhoneGap the first time. Could that possibly result in an app showing up 50% smaller? I don't see why...

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Portathon questions

Assuming your app is an AIR app:
Scaling could be because you did not take into account the increased pixel density that is on BB10, which is about 2x that of the PlayBook.

As with all RIM promotions, they get back logged. You have to have patience for RIM to get to all the apps and issues.

As to your other questions, you need to address those to those running the promotion.
Developer

I didn't use air, I used but javascript + webworks.

The pixel density I guess could be a reason, although I am unsure how to fix it (still new to developing for BB). The thing I found strange was that all of my apps for the first promotion scaled correctly (using phonegap) and my webworks ones are coming in at 50% or so size. Is there something in the config file I need to add for webworks specifically that I overlooked, regarding screen size/scaling? Or maybe I  need to make the fonts bigger  ... could be they simply show up too small. What is the res of BB10 again, 1280x720?

Developer

[ Edited ]

Best to ask in the WebWorks forum. Information about device properties can also be found in the general developer sections.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

At least you got some kind of feedback.

None of my submissions have been touched yet ( 2nd port a thon ).

Developer

Yeah, I asked in webworks first before I posted in this forum. Never got a response there, so figured I'd try here and maybe someone would answer. I also emailed RIM directly, using the followup email address they included in my ticket thingy. But no response.

I'm sure they have a ton of apps to review, so can understand why there hasn't been a response though,

Just... I'm a bit in the dark as to what I should do.

Developer

That happens with every promotion. RIM gets back logged, developers complain about the lack of information and response. And in a couple of weeks, when RIM starts catching up, we'll start hearing threads on every response someone gets.

Just hand in there.