Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Various
Accepted Solution

Pricing and payment model changes

Hello,

we just submitted our first app as part of Game Port-A-Thon event. We set a sample price based on our other experiences, but when we are thinking strongly about switching to a free app with in-app purchases.

We could not get a definitive answer during this even about the change in pricing. specifically from Paid to Free.

Is it possible in the first place? If not can we delete the current app and re-submit as a free app with in-app purchases?

Still not sure if this is the route we'll take, but normally this can be done if a few clicks on the Windows 8 app store as well as itunes store.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: RIM

Re: Pricing and payment model changes

Hi djogon,

From the Vendor Portal side, you cannot switch between Free<>Paid once an application is created/submitted. 

We can, however, change this for you on the backend by contacting Vendor Support,  You should get a response back within 24 hours. 

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

You cannot do it from the vendor portal. You have to get RIM to change it. We use to be able to do this, but either some people abused it or RIM does not trust us anymore.
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Not quick enough.