Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Problem when flagging a Review as not appropriate

Hello,

I received a Review with 0/5 Stars saying that the registration code does not work.

First, I don't know why RIM is even approving such comments, since it's pretty obvious that the registration code DOES work!

Second, when I remove that comment (a developer can flag it for removal) then the review might get removed but the 0/5 Stars is still there. That could be a bug, right?

Please comment on that and fix that in the next build.

Thank you RIM.

-Fabian

Developer

Re: Problem when flagging a Review as not appropriate

I second your opinion.

The review system is a mess.

Someone needs to moderate the reviews before they are approved.

Reviews that are thoughtful and constructive should be allowed but "This apps sucks" types of reviews are not helpful to anyone.

I've even seen reviews with disparaging comments about RIM/BlackBerry and it still gets approved!

New Developer
My Device: iPhone 3G

The review system needs an overhaul. App clients obviously don't know how to use the system. Also, RIM should only allow ONE review per client based on PIN.. Duplicate reviews run the risk of damaging an apps reputation.
Oh. I can't SSH into Blackberry devices? CYA!!!!
Highlighted
New Developer

Totally agree.

Also ISVs need a way to respond to Reviews. For example Storm users sometimes have to do a complete power down/up to get installed apps to work (not just ours). Obviously this isn't intuitive to Storm users, or at least Storm users who haven't installed many apps. The bulk of our negative reviews are from these users.

Developer

I'm in the same boat now.

During the weekend I got a 0 star review from a customer whos problem I solved within 6 minutes after he send me a support mail. Unfortunately he *first* wrote a disastrous 0 star review - until then our sales were low but ok and there was a chance to break even on the development/porting costs but now sales dropped to ~15-20% which is absolutely killing us ;-(

The customer is pretty happy now and was really sorry for writing the bad review - but sadly this won't pay my bills ...

Now I really hope that flagging the review helps a bit - but given we had only 2 exceptionally good 5 star reviews I'm sure the lower average review due to the 0 stars will still have a major impact on our sales.

Did anyone try to get in contact with the storefrontmanagers to completely remove a review?

New Developer

I've tried asking for similar reviews to be removed (also 0 stars that we're later resolved by support) and the request was denied.
Developer
Developer

And only removing the review does not do the job. The text is gone then if it gets removed but the star-ranking is still there. Not cool.

New Developer