Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Problem with App World servers?

Hi,

I'm getting a few reports from users saying that App World is taking their payment but failing to send the download. I've also noticed that the sales dipped quite noticeably on one of my apps, starting a few days ago.

So far, the problems are quite minimal, but I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing anything similar.

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: att

Re: Problem with App World servers?

I, too, have noticed a drastic slide in my sales since the 6th for all of my products.  Additionally, I am receiving customer complaints that they cannot purchase any of my products in app world using the app on their device or visiting the store from their computer.

I am also having issues generating reports...

With all smiles, I am...
Developer

[ Edited ]

Ah, so I'm not crazy.

Just my luck, one of my apps is currently featured until the 10th Smiley Tongue

My Device: Not Specified

I have also received the same complaints and my sales are also dropped... Not looking good this month... 

Developer

Has anything been done?

I'm still getting emails every day from customers who are unable to buy my apps, and my sales have been tanking! If it weren't for the two apps I had featured this month, I barely would have made anything so far.

Can someone from RIM let me know if there is a problem? Or is this all just a big coincidence?

My Device: Not Specified

What license do your apps use? My sales (Try & Buy, static license) do not seem to be affected.

Not that they are that great to begin with anyway :-)

Developer

All of my apps use static licencing.

The complaint from most of my customers seems to be that App World takes their payment but fails to deliver the download.

My Device: 9550
My Carrier: VZW

I have had tons of complaints from users not being able to download either.  I have been working closely with RIM the past few weeks and they have found my user's issues to be that I had the app listed as free for a week for a promotional event, so users who had the "free" version were unable to upgrade to the "paid" version even though it was a free ugprade.  

For this problem, they have logic on the server side which checks to see if the user paid, if they haven't then it will cancel the install saying the app isnt available in app world. 

A fix is scheduled to come sometime in April. 

Not sure if this is similar to what you are seeing, but thought I would drop in my two cents. 

Developer

Thanks for the insight! Unfortunately, this does not apply to my situation. I haven't changed the prices of any of my apps since November or December

My Device: 9550
My Carrier: VZW

Didn't think so, but I figured someone would probably run into the problems I have been seeing and it's best to at least put it out there in the wild for people to see what the problem is.  

Good luck working with Blackberry on trying to fix it.  I am only getting one reply a day and took me a week to even get the first reply.