Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9790, Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Problem with Email client in appworld.

[ Edited ]

Hello guys...

I have developed email client for Yahoo  & hot mail, but when i submitted it, it got denied, & got reply like this says,   "is in violation of the SDK agreement that you accepted upon registration. That said, we must deny your application". 

Any idea how we can upload email client to appworld...

Thanks,

Emmanual.

Smiley Happy

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Problem with Email client in appworld.

If you got denied by app world, there is not a way to side step them to still offer it in app world. I would find out what terms you are in violation with and try to resolve that.
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9790, Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Ok, Thanks...

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

emmanualvnebu wrote:

Hello guys...

I have developed email client for Yahoo  & hot mail, but when i submitted it, it got denied, & got reply like this says,   "is in violation of the SDK agreement that you accepted upon registration. That said, we must deny your application". 

Any idea how we can upload email client to appworld...

Thanks,

Emmanual.

Smiley Happy

Actually I'll save you the effort and let you know now, email clients are prohibited from being published in App World. It is agaisnt their policies, there was a very popular email client that tried to be published in app world (I think called Email ++) when PlayBook did not have email yet. Even after a lot of petitioning and back and forth between that company and RIM, they were still unsucessful in having their app in app world.

So in short, you can try but to put it bluntly, most likely it'll be a waste of time.

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!