Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Z10 LE, Q10 And PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Problem with review process -- denials over scaling/size/differing reviewer comments

i too had the Same Problem with my App the scalling and the Font size , the scalling issue was not there as there was a Multiline textbook and a check box and a button on the Page and the Tester wanted Me to make that page stretch full screen ... But in my app I have auto Enabled the Keyboard when this Page is Loaded .. Thus covers the Small black strip with the Key Board .... I am wondering that the Testers Should Not have any Judgment over How Developer want to Develop His App .... And the Small Font size is that the fonts can be seen through the Necked Eyes and Need Not Need Recoding , the Only Thing Important in the main Page is the Title and the Appoint Meant Date ..If u click the new large font text will be Opened .........

Hit Like if you find my post Use Full Thank You...
Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: -

Re: Problem with review process -- denials over scaling/size/differing reviewer comments

I am not sure if the issue is that some reviewers are following guidelines too strictly, or some too loosely ... but I agree that the final choice should be with the developer so long as the layout is reasonable. Reasonable meaning everything still can be read, even if the final layout isn't optimal in the reviewer's opinion. An acceptance with a simple note that states something like: 'Possibly increase fonts/scaling/change layout for any future releases' should suffice.

In my case, Amaris from RIM has been super helpful and all of my All Aboard apps that were denied over scaling were re-reviewed without change, and this time they were all accepted. I still have some outstanding Community apps that use the same type of scaling, but they are waiting for a re-review. I am guessing that the last chance portathon has slowed down the review process quite a bit.

One weird thing I did notice is, I randonly downloaded a couple of apps from other developers the other day onto my dev alpha. Consistency is a major issue, if they plan to deny over scaling. One app had super tiny fonts, even tinier than mine, yet was accepted fine. One app was misaligned and didn't fit on the screen properly. I even checked my old app that was autoconverted from the Playbook to BB10, and although scaling was fine, it was rather misaligned now on the dev alpha (when the dust settles I'll go back and make a proper build myself). So I am not sure what guidelines there even are ... what I was going by was: if one app's layout was accepted, then I assumed future apps using that same layout would be accepted.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Z10 LE, Q10 And PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone

i too got Help from Amris when my system was crashed and i need help for the Signing key Issue ...

i will resubmit my app and Hope get approved this time 

Hit Like if you find my post Use Full Thank You...