Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Vip

Problem with wire transfer on my app world vendor account

Because PayPal is not supported in my country, I asked merchants of record, Digital river and Bango to wire my bank account with my app worlds account.

I provided all information, but they said that my RIM_prod-xxxx number can not be fount in their database. App world support said that maybe I'll need ID of paid app, but without first defined paypal method I can't publish any paid app.

What should I do now ?

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: Problem with wire transfer on my app world vendor account

Hm, you have several options, but I'm not sure if you'll like them

1) Go with free apps (you don't need PayPal for that ) and implement ads. BBAS (BlackBerry Advertising Service) is paying with wire transfer. However BBAS is almost a dead man walking, since the major ads portals left it.

2) Wait for the new BB payment system rumored to come this Fall. No idea if it will solve this issue though, but there are some expectations that it would unite the payments and probably would offer wire transfer. However don't be optimistic about that.

3) Register PayPal account. Yes, you can - use proxy and some @gmail address, so PayPal can't detect you where you come from. You can receive money in such account but you cannot withdraw money from it. Once you get the account and complete your vendor registration, contact again Digital River and Bango. Bango offers wire transfer for sure (1.8% fee), no idea how it is with Digital River.

Disclaimer: Use the above mentioned method 3) on your own risk, I'm not a human, but a forum bot, so I cannot be sued.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Vip

[ Edited ]

1. sucks
2. with the current situation, I don't expect miracles Smiley Sad
3. useless

Anyway, thanks for your efforts

BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Top Secret BlackBerry 10 device
My Carrier: Bell

Hello borceg,

Even though Paypal is not available in your country it is still a requirement for paid applications in App World.  Create a Paypal account and link it to your paid application in App World.  Once you do that, you can contact DigitalRiver and Bango to set up the direct deposit into your bank account.

Hope this helps.

-Jordan