Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Playbook, DevAlpha C, 9900, 9380
My Carrier: Vodafone

Procedure for adding payment account other than paypal

Hi All,

I am from India, i just got approval of my individual vendor registration. I thought to upload a paid app but in the manage account section, it only having option for adding paypa; account. Since in india it is not supported domestic payment service, that is as an indian customer i will not be able to receive payment through PayPal. So what other options do i have?

I have mailed Blackberry Vendor support on saturday morning, still no reply from them. For BlackBerry, my case number is #00009418.

Thanks

Developer

Re: Procedure for adding payment account other than paypal

Is there anyone who can help me out with this?

Developer

It is really frustrating. It's sad to see no one could help me. Even blackberry, i have mailed to the vendort support as suggested by them mailed Bango, Digital River and Blackberry Commerce.... No response from them, it is almost one month now. 

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: RIM

Hi SumiGhosh,

Do you have a case number with Bango now that you have emailed them?

All BlackBerry World revenue/payments go through Merchants of Record, based soley on the method of payment used by the customer.  These entities are where your monthly payments come from and who you will need to work with to use a Wire Transfer vs. PayPal.

Keep in mind you are still required to have a PayPal account linked in the Vendor Portal.  Without this you will not be able to submit Paid applications.

Developer

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I didn't get a reply from bango.

This is the case number for the vendor support #00009418.

I got a mail from Jason Bennet from blackberry.
"Hello,

If PayPal is not available in your country, please contact the merchants of record for BlackBerry World.(Bango, DigitalRiver and BlackBerry Commerce) They will be able to directly deposit your revenue in your bank account. However, you will still need to create some sort of PayPal account to link our system with the merchants of record. You can create a a PayPal account by selecting one of the supported countries.

Merchants of Record contacts:

vendorsbbaw@bango.com
RIMISVSupport@DigitalRiver.com
customersupport@blackberrycommere.rim.com

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Jason"
And when I contacted paypal they said me that I can create an Indian.paypal account but it is not supported domestic payment service.

And here is the mail to Bango.

Hi All,

I have been looking for a way to sell my apps in Blackberry World. Since in our country(India) PayPal payment is not supported, I am looking for a way how to get the payment for the paid apps that I upload. I have contacted blackberry support and they adviced me to mail you for further queries.

As Jason Bennet suggested me to create a PayPal account registering with one of the supported countries. Even I create one and associate with BlackBerry merchant account, how you will be able to transfer the revenue to my Bank account.

Please do advice me what should I do further.

Please check Jason Bennets mail below.

Thanks

No mail back from bango.

Developer

Any help @rhearty
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: RIM

Hi SumiGhosh,

Can you forward the email you sent to Bango to BlackBerryWorldRequests@BlackBerry.com?  Once sent, let me know via PM and I will work with Bango to get back to you.  

They are a seperate company from BlackBerry but should still be responding to email inquiries in a timely fashion.

Highlighted
Developer

Have PMed.
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: glo

hey man, i dont know if this is comming too late or you finally got your problem solved but as someone who was in your exact shoes late last year, i know what you are going through. I went through the exact same situation mid november last year.

I stay in Nigeria and my country doesnt support paypal either, i contacted support and they advised me to create a dummy account jus like they told you but paypal requires that you verify your account before acknowledging the link to vendor portal. Anyways, i just uploaded a free app and gave up on the "dream" until recently when paypal got accepted in my country (i can only make payments but cant recieve. dumb right?). I think rim or whoever will hold on to the cash until i can get a way to recieve it but till then, let  them hold it.

My advice is you create a limited account and register it with vendor portal then start working towards alternatives to recieve payments either contact paypal and request the limits to be raised(i dont know if its possible) etc.

Anyways, if you already found a solution, let me know.ciao

Developer
My Device: DAB, DAC, Lost red Z10, Regular Replaced Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: airtel

Well I haven't found any problem with PayPal. I too hail from India, by the way and PayPal just works fine for me.

The only restriction is that the funds are auto withdrawn immediately to you linked bank account. So basically, you can't keep your money in your PayPal account for any further transaction.

If you need to make some purchases via PayPal then you might want to link your card as well.

Looking for SMTP Servers, Bulk Emails and Bulk SMS services at an affordable price to help boost your business? Look no further. I've the solution for your needs. Contact me now.