06-12-2012 05:59 PM
I have an application available for both PlayBook and BB7 devices (Balloon Gunner 3D), and I have a user complaining that although he successfully purchased and installed on his smartphone, he can't also download the game for his PlayBook. Apparently the app doesn't even appear in App World's My World on his PlayBook. Is this the expected behaviour?
When I tested this myself I found that my PlayBook didn't list the app in My World, but when I browsed to the app in App World it did offer me the chance to reinstall it - I'm just not sure whether that was bacause I'd had it previously installed on the PB or because of the purchase I'd made of the smartphone version.
Any help appreciated!
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-17-2012 10:18 AM
Someone from RIM should have answered this by now, or else pointed me at some kind of tech support email! I need to be able to tell customers whether purchase of the application is supposed to be shared between BB7 and PlayBook, because saying "I don't know" sounds completely lame.
06-18-2012 05:30 AM
Vendor support form is your best friend to get answer from RIM
In these forums you will get answers from fellow developers, RIM staff doesn't monitor closely the forums.
In my own experience: if you buy app for smartphone and the same app is available for PlayBook too, you should be able to download the Playbook version for free (and vice versa).
06-20-2012 08:19 AM
Hi, it's ONE product, with files for PB and smartphones. (Looking at my original post, I can't beleive I didn't make that clearer!)
The only problem I can think of is that the version numbers are different - PB is 1.2.2 and smartphone is 1.2.3. However you'd expect that a smartphone user buying 1.2.3 would have access to the older PB version (but there *might* be a problem the other way around).
06-20-2012 12:34 PM
I've just had a reply from RIM on this issue:
"This is a known issue (apps Purchased on Smartphone are not available on PlayBook). This issue should be fixed in the 2.1 Tablet OS Release."
So I guess this is resolved for the time being. Thanks to all who assisted!