Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Question about PlayBook and BB10 app with different bundles in same application ID.

Question:

I already have a PlayBook  app on AppWorld.  Say I release a version for BB10 with a new bundle (same applicationID on Appworld) and customers who have already purchased the PlayBook version will they get the BB10 version free if they us the same BlackBerryID for their BB10 when they switch over?

Is this possible or PB and BB10 AppWorld are different or do i just create a new app for BB10 only.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Question about PlayBook and BB10 app with different bundles in same application ID.

Good question. I'm pretty sure that's the idea.

I'm counting on it... I certainly don't want my Battery Guru customers to all have to buy the app again. (I mean, obviously, that would be nice and all, but I don't need thousands of disgruntled customers.)

I can't really imagine they'd do it any other way.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Question about PlayBook and BB10 app with different bundles in same application ID.

yes it is. Its the same case for if you have a BBOS app and your customre gets a PB and your 1 SKU has both apps. They get them free

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

I have a similar question but regarding the Built For Blackberry and 10K Program, not sure where to post it.

Let's say I have a Java app and decide to develop a similar app for BB10 using NDK. If I post it as a release under the same SKU and get approval for Built For Blackberry, then the same stamp (special logo) will be applied to the Java app?  

And how the sales will be counted?

I know it is just theory right now, but I'm curious how do you plan to release your BB10 apps - as new one or under the same name? For Playbook apps maybe it makes sense to use the same SKU but what about the Java apps?

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer

I am under the impression no. There is also a 10k forum here (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/10K-Developer-Commitment/bd-p/10K_dev_comm)

Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

peter9477 wrote:

I'm counting on it... I certainly don't want my Battery Guru customers to all have to buy the app again. (I mean, obviously, that would be nice and all, but I don't need thousands of disgruntled customers.)

hmm...Might have to rethink if I want to do more work to port the PB app to BB10 then. 

Developer

smiley wrote:

peter9477 wrote:

hmm...Might have to rethink if I want to do more work to port the PB app to BB10 then. 

here is an idea. Make 1 new sku, to submit for bb10.

When pb is upgraded to bb10, offer that app for free upgrading (using same files), so then whoever has bb10 and your old app get s the upgrade but everyone else (new customers) have to buy from the new sku