Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

REQUEST: Add instructions to review process

On the PlayBook, it would be helpful to all if the user is given some instructions during the review process.

Currently, applications get poor reviews over bugs that could be reported first or features that do not exist.  I love getting a 1 star review complaining about a feature that does not exist.  Reviews should be based on what the application does, not what the user wishes it should do.  Wishes can be added in the comments, but should not impact the star rating.  For example, if an application that manages time clock, should not get a 1 star rating because a user thinks it should interface with FaceBook.

Additionally, users should be able to edit their own reviews and change their star rating since later releases may resolve particular issues and those earlier reviews are out-dated.

For example, the following instructions on the review screen would be helpful:

INSTRUCTIONS:

* If you uncovered a bug, please report that directly to the vendor under the Support button. Reviews should not be used to report bugs since the publisher may not see these for some time.

* Review ratings should be scored based on the current features of the application and how well they perform for the user.

* User enhancement requests should be conveyed directly to the publisher via the Support button.

* Review description should include likes and dislikes and possible suggestions to make the application better.

Developer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha

Re: REQUEST: Add instructions to review process

Why do some users assume that EVERY app must connect to Facebook?

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

The users who don't care to (or even can't ) read two-three lines of app description, probably won't pay much attention to the review instructions as well. Unfortunately such users do the most harm leaving bad reviews.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer

Agreed that a few lemons do make it hard in producing good review process. I had one user get upset that I denied their off-base review and that it was "extortion" to charge them for an application. They obviously did not know what extortion means.
Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

Is it possible for a user to edit their review?  I've had a few reviews request changes or features that I've since implemented, but I don't even know if it's possible for users to modify their reviews to reflect improvements.

Thanks,

Darwin Pinder

SouthernTouch Spades 

Darwin Pinder
SouthernTouch Technologies
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/34213
Developer

No they cannot. Seems simple to offer and that alone would resolve a large number of poor reviews.