Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

My Device: I'm a developer without an actual device
My Carrier: None

Receiving payments in Russia - possible?

[ Edited ]

Hello there!

I've been through all kind of manuals and stuff, but I still have no information on receiveng payments in Russia. The issue is in the fact that Paypal account don't allow it. And I've stumbled upon message that it's possible to pay via credit card somehow, but it's still unclear to me what's about receiving money...

I haven't found any official information about how to deal with that paypal restriction. Nor about the fact that restriction exists and it makes impossible to recieve payments in my country, and so it's meaningless for me to try to release premium apps...

Clues, anyone?

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: Receiving payments in Russia - possible?

Thinking out of the box you can try to "cheat" PayPal. Register email (Gmail/Yahoo) with origin country like Germany or France, use it to register for PayPal account (you probably will need to use a proxy, since PayPal will detect your IP) and then try to attach a Visa debit card to that account. If a Russian Visa card doesn't work you have to find a way to get a Visa card from another country.

I really hope that RIM will introduce wire transfer payments at some point, PayPal has issues with payments, fees, taxes...

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry