Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Visitor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: 6139864734

Release QNX and BBOS apps independently?

Hi,

I have a BB10 app already approved, but now I want to add an OS7 version. I can't seem to figure out how to do this without having to issue a new release of the bb10 app, which hasn't changed. Can I release bb10 and BBOS versions independently without having to make a new release number for both?

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Release QNX and BBOS apps independently?

I take it you are aware that bb10 and OS7 are different environments with native code even being different (i.e. Java & C++). Smiley Happy

Assuming you know what you are doing then I don't think it's possible to add a non BB10 bundle to an already approved product you will  need to do a seperate release.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Once the release is approved you cannot add new bundles to it, you can only change supported devices.

Now in your case you can just submit a new release, select BBOS as platform, select the appropriate devices and upload the COD file. You don't need to touch the BB10 version at all. For example if your BB10 version is 1.1, you can make the BBOS version 1.2

And next time when you release an update for both, you can upload both bundles (one for QNX and one for BBOS) in a single release.

@BBSJDev, if it is WebWorks app, there is not much difference in actual app code, it is the packagers that produce different output (BAR for BB10 and COD for BBOS) 

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

@QuiteSimple True I was just checking. Smiley Happy

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.