Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook Developer
My Carrier: N/A
Accepted Solution

Releases and the Playbook Offer

After working on a game for the past few weeks, I finally signed and submitted my app tonight, just before the offer deadline.

However, in making last-minute adjustments I accidentally caused a bug that prevents the "Play" button from working, rendering the main functionality inaccessible. This release is obviously not going to make it past testing.

I've found and fixed this bug, and I'd like to submit the fixed version as a new release. However, I am unsure of whether doing so would conflict with the Playbook offer.
On the offer page it says:

"Don’t worry though, as long as your app is submitted during the qualifying period you are eligible. Even if the app is declined for BlackBerry App World, you just need to fix it and resubmit. When it’s approved you’ll qualify, as long as the original submission was during the qualifying period."

but I'm not entirely sure what the specifics of this statement are. Would creation of a new release after the deadline disqualify me? Or is the submission time of the product all that matters? Should I submit a new release or should I wait for the failed test results?

I've found playbook development to be intriguing so far, and I'd really like to have hardware to test my apps on, so I'm understandably cautious. Anyone have answers?

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: Releases and the Playbook Offer

You are still eligible for a PlayBook even if you submit a second release. So just go ahead and submit it.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry