Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

Resubmit App that was rejected for not being fully signed

Heya

I have a question about my Playbook app. I just got rejected because I uploaded an unsigned *.bar file. 

I was hoping that I can just add a new release and upload the signed bar file but I get the error message:

File bundle ( .bar) has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. If this is an upgrade, Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle.

How do I make sure this is the case? Or will I have to resubmit the whole App from scratch (like suggested in the email) -

"Because the application wasn’t signed correctly, you will need to create the application again from the start in the vendor portal. "

And what happens in this case to my "Free Playbook" offer?

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Resubmit App that was rejected for not being fully signed

I would like to know as well because I used eclipse to sign and had no issues but recieved email saying it was signed incorrectly.

New Contributor

You probably made the same mistake as I did: You took the *.bar file from the /bin folder instead the one from the /res folder.

Still noone with a suggestion?

New Contributor

Any news on that?

I"ve also tried contacting the support a week ago... :/  -> No answer? Is there really no solution to this problem?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

The short answer is you'll need to create a new product to upload the signed bar file.  Have a look at this post for the complete answer.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-Development/What-to-do-if-your-Package-I...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.