Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Screwed up reports since midnight 27 Mar?

thanks, I got it 15 minutes later..... i have a very strong suspicion it's wrong though.... We sell on average anywhere from 15 to 80 themes a day and it shows 1 sale for yesterday (27th)......

Developer

[ Edited ]

Seeing same thing, download graphs show zero until the next day, purchases show in graphs, actual reports making zip files with empty csv files.

Also, they keep adding more steps you have to go through to see a report -- now it's up to:

1. Select purchases or downloads

2. Select dates

3. Schedule report

4. Click OK

5. Wait for email

6. Log in again

7. Select Download Reports again

8. Select zip file

9. Click Download

10. Click Open

If on PC:

11. Wait for WinZip nag screen and then click "I Agree", which keeps changing location.

12. Double-click csv file in zip window

If on Macintosh:

11. Click to select OpenOffice

12. Click to format the file properly

Please reply with suggestions for how RIM can add more steps to this process, that seems to be on someone's agenda.

If I may make a suggestion, we could really use a nice homescreen icon that just shows how much money we've made for the day and updates every hour, and clicking on it shows how many downloads for each of our products for the day, any new reviews, and lets us reply to those reviews.  A notification can appear when new reviews under 3-star are added, so that we can reply immediately and address any issue ASAP.

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

it's almost a week now and no word from RIM yet.

Do they even know there is a problem with the reports?

New Developer

I emailed them 3 days ago using their appworld developer support contact form. Still no word back.
New Developer

Hello, Thank you for your email. It appears when scheduling a report, all values that would appear on the the end-date are removed. This would mean when pulling a report for just 1 day, no results are shown. Extend the end-date 1 day past the day you are trying to view to workaround this problem. We are working on fixing this shortly. With regards to the CSV files, these are incomplete reports. When a report is complete the CSV file will be replaced with a ZIP file. At that time, you can download the ZIP file to view your report. Kind Regards, Ryan BlackBerry App World Research In Motion Limited
That's the reply I got.
Developer
My Carrier: Fido

there was no problem before the 27th.  they must have screwed up the reports again.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Q10, Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I can confirm this workaround. To download reports for Mar 27th we set the range to Mar 27th-Mar 28th. The report included all sales for Mar 27th.

One more thing, it seems the format of the CSV files has slightly changed. Probably to incorporate virtual goods?

Developer

[ Edited ]

Like I said, ever more steps added just to see what's happened today.

It would be great to have an ISV Portal app that we can click to simply show the grand total of how much has been made and how many units of each app have been sold and downloaded, today and the past few days.

Developer
My Carrier: AT&T

A simple email notifying us when a sale is made would be nice.  Of course a blackberry app that shows a notification when a sale is made would be nice too.   Either method would probably decrease the load on the appworld web server.

Developer
My Device: Paper cup

Guys, this is really frustrating, four months of this.