Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Developer
My Device: Bold

Signature not sticking?

Hello All,

I'm a newbie doing BlackBerry development.  I've applied for and received my keys. I built my app, and now I'm trying to sign it. I run the signature tool, hit the request button, and everything seems fine. I click on quit, and voila!  I appear to have a signed app.  However, if I try to load it, I get a message indicating that the app needs to be signed.  Back to the signature tool, and lo and behold, the "Status" of the required signatures are all marked "Not signed".  And round and round we go.

Environment: Windows XP, Java SE 1.5.0_10-b02 (yes, I noticed that there appears to be a problem signing with Java 1.6).

Can some kind soul get me out off the merry-go-round?

Remon 

New Developer

Re: Signature not sticking? -- additional info

Interesting, but the time stamp on the .cod file was not changed by the signature tool.  That would seem to me to indicate that the signature tool silently failed.
New Developer

OK. Found a solution:

Copying the programs over to the C drive, and now the signature tool succeeds in updating the .cod file.

It is not acceptable programming practice to allow a program to fail silently.

Developer
My Device: 8700 | 8310 | BOLD | STORM

remon,

What programs did you copy over to the C:? Java, the JDE, or the sig tool?  Either way, that shouldn't be the cause of the problem.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I had the same issues in the past. When I had my Eclipse workspace on a shared drive mounted with a drive letter other than C:, the signatures didn't 'stick' to the cod files. The only way to solve this issue was by having my workspace on C:.

New Developer

Sorry, the "programs" I am talking about are my ".cod" files.  I'm sure you are correct that it doesn't matter where the jde or the signing jar file is.