Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Three

[Suggestion]Remote access to dev alphas

Hello good fellow member of wonderfull development community!

Came accross another phone provider developer portal (nok*a) and i'm quite amazed with their service of providing developer with scheeduled remote access for developer to test their app / game on a real device, yes they are limited access but that is so much helpfull

I could not have my hand on a dev alpha c because the country regulation (Indonesia) do not allow me to receive a dev alpha c, if it is possible for blackberry to provide such service(remote dev alpha access) for developer, that would be a very big resouce arsenal

Cheers! and developer!

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900/9780/9810
My Carrier: Singtel

Re: [Suggestion]Remote access to dev alphas

Do you mean like a simulator?
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nope, a real live physical devices, yes, there might be limitation to testing which is related with the device's position and orientation, but it could be done.

I'm suggesting this merely because some bug that i could not reproduce on the simulator, say my game is running very well on the simulator, but users reports that there are some bugs on the real device, this would greatly help.

Bb is very generous, actively giving the developer free devices for the development purpose, even thousands of free devices was given. If 100 device was provided for the remote access, and developer have 3h worth of booking time/accessing the device, that would help 100 * (24 / 3) = 800 developers per day..

Thanks for reading this thread, and please spread the suggestion, as BB will always listen to suggestion they said 

Keep 

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Q10, Z10, Z30
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Another possibility is to find a developer with the device you don't have.   I would be willing to test using my DAC in exchange for feedback on a Z10.  

Perhaps this has been suggested in other boards.

Developer

Oh I see

I can help with my z10, dab, dac, q5 and q10

To be honest though, the best is still using an actual device such as q5 or q10 (for 720x720) for testing Smiley Very Happy

But of course though, finding a close friendwith such devices can help Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 RED EDITION
My Carrier: MOVISTAR

if you really interesting in the devalpha try contact o blackberry .

If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.
Contributor

Yep, that's the problem, i am one of those lucky developer which could not get the Dev Alpha C because of the government regulation regarding import permit Smiley Sad

Developer

I know some developers managed to get around by going out of their country for these blackberry events.