Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Suggestions for App World

I had a suggestion for app world just wanted to include it here.

A lot of my users have the same questions for my apps, some of the are very general questions that other develoeprs get as well such as 'I paid fo the app but am unable to download it'. Now I think this issue is only BB7 or less releated but I think this could also work for QNX.

If we could have a Help or FAQ section within app world that is very easily accesible for the users, it would be nice as I would get less users who leave negative feedback when they dont even bother to check and debug issue (the app being paid/not downloaded issue). My work around is including an FAQ within my app description, which works, but is not effective since now I have a very very long app description and on a qwerty device, (and even on PlayBook where App description is only half screen) this doesnt look reall good (since too long description + laziness). If there was an FAQ section and users could click it, to get some quick answers it would be superb and I could get less angry emails and i think the overall 'app world experince' would improve and developers could spend less time answering these trivial emails and spend more time making great apps.

Perhaps other developers have ideas as well, hopefully we can get some brainstorming together and improve on app world experince together.

PS.... still waiting on those coupon codes implementations. =).

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Suggestions for App World

ignites wrote:
...some of the are very general questions that other develoeprs get as well such as 'I paid fo the app but am unable to download it'. ...

For what it's worth, I field one much like that about once every two weeks, though with PlayBook it's slightly different. The complaint is "I purchased it but it didn't install and now it's asking for me to buy it again."  All users seem to believe this is something the developer can deal with, which we're actually powerless to do unless it's just to explain the App World bugs to them.

The answer, in case someone doesn't know, appears to be pretty clear: click on the Purchase button again, and it will generally start downloading it rather than popping up the authentication dialog where it asks you to enter your PayPal or credit card credentials.  I've never yet had a customer report back that he was double-charged as a result of this, though I always point out the appworldbilling email to contact in case it's an issue.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Suggestions for App World

peter9477 wrote:

ignites wrote:
...some of the are very general questions that other develoeprs get as well such as 'I paid fo the app but am unable to download it'. ...

For what it's worth, I field one much like that about once every two weeks, though with PlayBook it's slightly different. The complaint is "I purchased it but it didn't install and now it's asking for me to buy it again."  All users seem to believe this is something the developer can deal with, which we're actually powerless to do unless it's just to explain the App World bugs to them.

The answer, in case someone doesn't know, appears to be pretty clear: click on the Purchase button again, and it will generally start downloading it rather than popping up the authentication dialog where it asks you to enter your PayPal or credit card credentials.  I've never yet had a customer report back that he was double-charged as a result of this, though I always point out the appworldbilling email to contact in case it's an issue.

I get that question on both QNX and BBOS platforms and a lot of times customers are very hostile as well as they think we're trying to hustle them for more money

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!