Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Z10, Q10, 9900, 9790, PlayBook,
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK, Three, O2, Orange, Sunrise, Swisscom

Switch sold app to a different bbid?

[ Edited ]

Is there a way for a vendor to assign a sold app to a different BBID in case of a mistake or would the user have to buy it again for its different BBID?

Also, it seems "My world" on the BB World website is showing all apps tied to a device, regardless of the BBID. It's a bit confusing.

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Switch sold app to a different bbid?

[ Edited ]

No idea about the first part, but I expect they'd have to do it through a refund for the first one, and then a purchase for the second. I think if the vendor forwarded BBID and PIN (and app id) to appworldbilling@blackberry.com they may be able to handle that.

For the second point, that makes no sense to me. You can have only a single BBID associated with a device (as far as I know) so what you're describing shouldn't even be possible. Can you clarify what you're seeing? Note that when you change BBIDs on a device, it should be performing a security wipe and all traces of the previous BBID should be gone.

Edit: my second paragraph was written before the original post was changed, clarifying that it was about the BBWorld web site and not the My World list in the client app.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Z10, Q10, 9900, 9790, PlayBook,
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK, Three, O2, Orange, Sunrise, Swisscom

Re: Switch sold app to a different bbid?

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to contact appworld billing to see what they tell me.

#2 - Every time you load a BBID into a device, it becomes associated with it and when you log into the BB World website, you can see everything that was installed on the device, not what is tied to a BBID. At least that's my experience.

I've tried to send a paid app to the DAC which appears as Q10, but it failed, so there seems to be some protection mechanism in place, but still, I can see the apps.

I've updated the original post to clarify that I was talking about the BB World website.

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.