12-13-2011 09:23 AM - edited 12-13-2011 09:27 AM
I think I am experiencing the strangest problem ever in App World.
My application "Pencil Camera" is missing from App World.
* The application is no longer listed in App World.
* Application is inaccessible in any way, not even from the desktop browser.
I tried to go directly to the URL @ http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/49
* The application is still listed in my Vendor Portal list, but I cannot view it, I cannot see the details of it.
Clicking the "PEN" sign ( the icon next to the app name) will result in "HTTP Status 500" error page.
* I am unable to generate the download report using the "Generate Charts".
* I can still generate the report using the "schedule report", but the result of the name of the zip file generated started with "null". For example, normally, it was PencilCamera-Purchase-for-12-Dec-2011-to-12-Dec-2011.zip, but now null-Purchase-for-12-Dec-2011-to-12-Dec-2011.zip.
These problems only happen to ONE application of mine (Pencil Camera).
I have more than TEN apps, all of them are not having this problem
P.S.: I have THREE Pencil Camera builds submitted to App World before.
1. Pencil Camera ---- (The one having the problem)
2. Pencil Camera - Indosat Promotion
3. Pencil Camera - 铅笔相机
Anyone with any thoughts? The problem started today. So anyone with the same problem? (Which I doubt)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
12-13-2011 11:55 AM
You can double-check the original PensilCamera aviability (you could have removed all supported countries by mistake, thus making the app invisible), but I doubt that it is the issue cause
It's a wild guess but I suspect that the last app (China release) has caused the issue - it seems that App World cannot handle non-Ascii symbols (in this case Chinese letters), probably the name was truncated and the app names of original and China version become equal, which is not allowed (you can't have two apps with the same name by the same vendor), so the original app was overwritten somehow on the App World database level.
But as I said - it's a wild guess, try to contact the vendor support
12-19-2011 12:40 AM - edited 12-19-2011 12:43 AM
I have emailed the support.. They told me to wait till Sunday. Now its already Monday. Phew.
Sent another email...
Here's the screenshots of the problem.. Anyone having the same problem?
ERROR when Clicking on Edit Icon (Screenshots)
Generating Purchase Report - Generated Report Name Started With NULL (Screenshots)