Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

Time it takes to get registration approved?

A couple of months ago, I registered to be a developer for the Blackberry App World. A few days ago, I just got around to submitting a photocopy of my driver's license to complete my registration.

Currently I still cannot sign into the "blackberry developer zone" and so I still cannot download the SDK/simulator/etc.

Does anyone know how long it should take to get my registration approved? I have my app developed but still need to test it using the simulator which I do not have access to and I don't wish to miss the free playbook offer.

thanks!

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Time it takes to get registration approved?

Registering to be an App World vendor can take a few days to a couple of weeks.

But you don't need to be an App World vendor to download development tools (including the simulator).

You can simply register for a Dev Zone account and receive an account immediately.

So far as I'm aware RIM doesn't have single sign on so you'll have separate accounts either way - even if you use the same email.

Contributor

thanks! I was able to download the necessary items without having my registration approved. I didn't try this forum login. Instead I completed a form for each download. Maybe next time, if i have to download something else, I'll try this login.

The weird thing about the registration process is that when they asked for me to submit my driver's license, I had to email it to an email address. I assume they are going to use my email address and the name on the driver's license to match it to my original registration. I would have thought that I would need to sign into a online form using my registered email address and upload the driver's license to ensure no mistakes are made. Hopefully all goes well though.

Anyway, thanks for the assist!

Contributor

p.s. I just tried to download the SDK again using this forum login, and it did not work. I guess the only way to download is either to login to your approved registered account or fill out the form each download.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Until very recently we had to fill in the form every time we downloaded. Very annoying. Now I can download various files via Dev Zone by signing in only once.

I guess they may have "unified" the different logins. I know there was talk of that happening, but I currently have three or four different accounts with RIM.

There's my Dev Zone account. The forums account. My vendor account and I believe my Issues logger is another account. Those are the ones I remember anyway :-)